Synopsis of THE BOOGEYMAN – The Boogeyman is a supernatural horror film that will released in July 2023. This horror film directed by Rob Savage with a screenplay by Scott Beck et al.
The Boogeyman is based on Stephen King’s 1973 short story of the same name. Several actors and actresses, such as Sophie Thatcher and Chris Messina, also starred in this film.
Production on the film had planned since mid-2018, but due to several reasons, development on the film began again in 2021. Principal photography for The Boogeyman began in New Orleans in February 2022.
Curious how the story goes? Check out the full information on the Boogeyman movie below!
1. Synopsis of the film “The Boogeyman”
Sadie and her younger sister, Sawyer, are still reeling from the recent death of their mother. Will, their father, who works as a therapist, does not provide support in the form of affection for the two brothers.
One day, a desperate patient unexpectedly appears at their home. The patient came to ask Will’s family for help. However, the frightening figure that devours the patient’s family comes to eat the greatest suffering they have to endure.
2. The cast of ‘THE BOOGEYMAN’
The following is a brief description of the main characters in The Boogeyman:
- Sophie Thatcher as Sadie
Sophie Bathsheba Thatcher is an American actress best known for her role as Natalie in the drama series Yellow Jackets. In this film, Sophie plays the role of Sadie, the first child of the Harper family, who is still deep in grief and lacks affection from her father.
- Chris Messina as Will
Christopher Messina is an American actor, director, writer, and producer best known for his role as Danny Castellani in The Mindy Project series. In this film, Chris plays Will Harper, a therapist who lacks attention and affection for his children.
- Vivien Lyra Blair as Sawyer
Vivien Lyra Blair is an American child actress who is famous for her role as a girl in the film Bird Box. In this film, Vivien plays Sawyer, the youngest child of the Harper family.
3. Interesting Facts about “The Boogeyman”
Now, after knowing the footage of the storyline and the artists who play a role, consider the following interesting facts in the film The Boogeyman:
- The Boogeyman was originally set to be released live on the video streaming platform Hulu. However, due to the strong enthusiasm after the test screening, 20th Century Studios released it theatrically.
- The plot of The Boogeyman was adapted from the short stories by Stephen King in a collection of stories that appeared in the March 1973 issue of Cavalier Magazine and Night Shift.
- In January 2022, Sophie Thatcher and Chris Messina were announced to have signed on as the lead roles to star in this film.
4. Watch the trailer!
KLovers can watch The Boogeyman film starting in June 2023 in the nearest cinema. However, before that, don’t forget to watch the trailer first!